Research and Transfer
In the domains of "Research and Transfer" you can find the different key aspects when looking for the work areas or the employees.
Institute for sports science,
Bergische Universität Wuppertal
Faculty of human and social sciences
Secretary - Opening hours
Mo. - Do. 09.00 bis 11.30 Uhr
Fr. 09.00 - 11.00 Uhr
Sports science - Bergische Universität Wuppertal
…to the web pages of the institute for sports science of the University of Wuppertal.
With the help of our web sites we want to give you an overview over the many important aspects of sports science at the University of Wuppertal. We hope that we will succeed in that and always welcome feedback about our web pages, so that we can enlarge and improve our offer continuously.
Work Domains and Working Areas in Doctrine/Teaching and Research
The institute for sports science divides into two work domains and seven working areas:
Work Domain 1: (medical and natural-scientific domain)
(Spokesman: Prof. Dr. J. Freiwald - Deputy Spokesman: Prof. Dr. Dr. Th. Hilberg)
- in the work domain of movement and exercise sciences, the performance diagnostics, prevention and rehabilitation form the profiles - which is also documented by the research center of performance diagnostics and exercise counseling (FLT), existing since 2007.
Management: Prof. Dr. J. Freiwald
- in the professorship of sports medicine, health promotion through exercise and sports in the domains of prevention, rehabilitation and health in sports for active people concerning competitive sports or recreational sports form the main image. Therapy strategies for prevention of conditions in the cardiovascular and the muscular area are developed.
Work Domain 2 (educational and social sciences)
(Spokesman: Prof. Dr. J. Frohn - Deputy Spokesman: AD M. Fahlenbock)
- in the work field of sport didactics, question as such concerning sport in schools as well the didactic-methodical intermediation within sports and exercise in general are put in focus. One particular emphasis here is the challenge in contact with heterogeneity.
Management: Prof.´ Dr. J. Frohn
Staff: D. Albert, Dr. P. Cwierdzinski
- in the work field of sport pedagogy, educational questions of exercise culture are examined. It especially concerns the qualitative research on school sports, as well as projects for the development of sports and didactic-methodical concepts.
Management: Prof. Dr. E. Balz
Secretary: E. Löhrer
Staff: B. Becker, T. L. Nguyen
- in the work field of sport sociology, research activities regarding the municipal planning of the development of sport locations and the area of accident researches for school sports and safety education are the centered topics. For these key aspects the research areas "Mehr Sicherheit im Schulsport" (More Safety for School Sports) and "Kommunale Sportentwicklungsplanung" (Municipal Planning for Sport Development) have been constructed.
Management: Prof. Dr. H. Hübner
Staff: B. Hense, Dr. R. Hofmann, O. Wulf
iin the work field fitness and health we primarily exute work on the quality development and security in the fitness domain as well as research projects for the promotion of exercise, sports and talents during childhood and adolescence.
Management: Prof. Dr. Stemper
Staff: M. Kels, M. Thomas
- in the work group of the integrative theory and practice of sports, current research and sport scientific theories are connected to theory guided relations to practice and, especially a profession oriented training is implemented.
Staff: D. Albert, U. Derks, M. Fahlenbock, M. Fritschen, Dr. R. Hofmann, T. Kleine, Dr. P. Wastl
For questions, ideas or encouragements regarding the homepage of the institute of sports science, please contact Dr. Peter Wastl.